Harpenden Precision Skinfold Caliper.
The Harpenden Skinfold Caliper is the de facto standard body fat assessment device. Harpendem calipers have been used in numerous clinical studies over the last 25 years. Many of the studies have become bench marks for the study of obesity and body composition analysis. As a a consequence, Harpenden skinfold calipers are the research measurement tool of choice.
Harpenden Skinfold Calipers are engineered to very precise levels and calibrated to traceable standards. Recent enhancements to the caliper include an increased jaw opening to facilitate measurement, which makes them suitable for both the measurement of skin folds and the girth measurement of small joints such the condyle processes at the ankle, wrist, knee and elbow - a small anthropometer.
- Harpenden Precision Skinfold Calipers Specifications
- High quality precision engineered gauge for the measurement of skin folds.
- Jaw designed specifically for measurement of skin folds up to 80mm.
- Constant pressure load throughout the full range of measurement.
- Contact tips are shaped and sized to ensure constant specified pressure.
- Contact tips are manufactured in stainless steel for use in clinical environments.
- Resolution of measurement 0.2mm.
- Graduation: 0.2mm.
- Class 1A Medical Device.
- Booklet included.